The Cook Islands Tourism Corporation is the latest tourism authority in the South Pacific to commission us to build them an on-line Photo Library (below) to distribute their promotional images worldwide.
The self-managed Photo Library is expected to be officially launched to the county’s local tourism industry shortly but, in the meantime, hundreds of high resolution promotional photographs are now available internationally to travel agents, travel media, publishers and tourism stakeholders promoting the Cook Islands.
The library is the first project to be delivered from a new association our company has begun building with tourism authorities throughout the region which will see them gaining virtually free access to the hundreds of photographs available in our own commercial photo library at www.davidkirklandphotography.com. The asssociation will also provide local tourism operators in the country with access to the library at a substantially reduced rate.
For details of the features we’ve added to the photo libraries we build, read below:
“Travel Magazine Editor: “We have a full page on page three to fill. Does anyone know where we can get a high quality photograph quickly?” Travel Wholesaler: “We need a great cover pic for our annual brochure on the South Pacific.” Journalist: “I’ve written a good yarn. Where can I get my hands on some good photographs to go with it?” Tour Operator: I wish I had some generic photographs of the destination to promote my business on the new web site.”
2018 sees us adding several new features to the On-Line Photo Libraries we’re building:
– The inclusion of an up-load portal for tourism authorities to directly add new photographs to their library.
– The ability to bulk upload images to your library.
– The flexibility to expand the library beyond 300 images.
– The provision of a visual reference that displays the top 10 most popular images that have been downloaded so you can recognise what sort of photography is working best in your marketing effort.
– Enhanced security features.
– Simpler, more user-friendly, interface to manage the library.
– The opportunity to gain free access to the photography in our own commercial photo library at www.davidkirklandphotography.com. to promote your destination.
These features have now been added to what we usually offer in our On-Line Photo libraries, which are listed below:
– Password Protected customer access.
– Responsive screen technology (able to be viewed on computers, smart-phones and pads).
– The ability to limit daily downloads or close user access to prevent excessive use and abuse.
– The ability to monitor users (so you know who accesses your library, when, and what images they have downloaded).
– Contemporary, clean entrance page design and images selection display with easy, user-friendly client interface.
– The ability to quickly delete library images.
– Seamless transition from your web site to a branded entrance page of your library.
– Two step, verified customer access to the library.
– Easy management interface (training can be done remotely in half an hour).
– Complete independence (once it’s built, we only host the site, providing support and technical support if required).
– The flexibility to transfer hosting to your own provider after two years (we prefer to ensure the intergity of our libraries by hosting them for you for the first two years).
– Automatic upgrade to the latest security software.
– Full library back-up.
– Tiered access levels (providing restricted access to, for example, branding images to be used by your key stakeholders).
– A once-only fee to build the library with the option for us to host it for you on our high speed server on an on-going basis.
All of our libraries are built following an evaluation of your tourism authority’s existing Photo library and a recommendation on how to proceed to this new platform, with advice given on protocols and processes needed to ensure the quality of the images and the integrity of the library. Technical advice about your photography is also provided by professional photographers. As we have only recently upgraded to our new software (2018), we would expect the libraries we build to remain current for at least the next five years.
Pricing varies depending of the number of images you want made available and the sophistication of the library, however, the libraries have been built to be affordable to the average regional tourism authority. The entire process can be undertaken remotely, allowing us to build On-Line Photo Libraries for tourism authorities anywhere in the world.